How to take care of our furniture
The beauty of natural materials lies in its peculiarities and imperfections. Variations in the wood grain and colour, knots, medullary rays and other natural characteristics are inherent. These are far from flaws, but an intricate part of its character. We believe that these imperfections contribute to the charm of our products.
Outstanding craftmanship is at the core of our brand, and behind the simplicity of our pieces lies a constant drive for innovation.
Incorporating advanced techniques to our process of creation, each new design is revised and reworked to the last detail: every curve, texture and line reflects our design values.
Ethnicraft designs furniture that adapts well to the hydrometrical conditions of its environment, although some cracking or movement may occur. Please do not be alarmed, this is a normal response to the furniture's environment.
Your oak furniture is varnished. Varnish offers a good protection against stains, even though with this preventive and extensive treatment, spills should be removed immediately.
- For regular dusting, use a dry cloth. For cleaning or in case of a spill, use a damp cloth and natural soap. Wipe in the direction of the grain.
- Do not use soap containing detergent or other chemicals. Dry with a soft clean cloth to prevent spotting.
Tips & tricks to keep your furniture in great condition
- To prevent colour differences: Do not place your furniture in direct sunlight, move objects placed on the furniture from time to time and open your extendable table on a regular basis.
- Avoid exposure to extreme conditions: do not place furniture near heating sources or air-conditioned spaces.
- To prevent staining we recommend that any spills be removed immediately.
- When cleaning the surface, always work in the direction of the wood grain.
- Use place mats to prevent hot pots and pans, or cold glasses and bottles, from leaving marks on the furniture.
- Do not drag the furniture along the floor, always lift the furniture when moving.
- Always ensure water and solutions used to clean the floor do not come into contact with the furniture’s base, as it might leave permanent marks.
- Last but not least, we recommend to carefully read the care instructions supplied with your individual piece of furniture
We advise the following:
- Dust regularly using a soft dry cloth.
- For a more thorough cleaning, use mild soap and warm water. Rinse with clean water and wipe dry.
- Do not use steel wool, sandpaper, mineral acid, bleach, or chlorine cleaners on metal surfaces.
- Do not drag the furniture along the floor, as it might damage the protective coating, cause rusting or leave permanent marks on the door.
- Always lift the furniture when moving it from place to place.