Ethnicraft Leather Care Guide
All our designs are intentionally timeless. They withstand trends and associate well with different styles, and they can be passed on from one home to the next, carrying over the stories of one lifetime into another. Our collections go back to the essence of what we believe is good design: pieces full of character, made from quality materials that age beautifully.
We create collections for every room of the house: from the furniture that denes the purpose of a space to the objects that layer it with meaning. Nothing excites us more than seeing how people love and use our products in the story of their life.
Outstanding craftsmanship is at the core of our brand, and behind the simplicity of our pieces lies a constant drive for innovation. Incorporating advanced techniques to our process of creation, each new design is revised and reworked to the last detail: every curve, texture and line reflects our design values
Leather Care Guide
The upholstery of our leather chairs and sofas should not be washed or dry-cleaned. To keep the leather in optimal condition we recommend the following:
- To avoid discoloration do not place the sofa in direct sunlight.
- Frequently wipe the leather sofa down with a clean, dry cloth.
- Treat spills immediately. Blot up as much of the spill as possible with a clean, dry, white cloth. Don't rub.
- In case of a stain, use a clean, slightly damp white cloth, blotting from the outer edge to the center of the stain. Do not use any chemical products not designed for leather.
- Use a towel to evenly dry the leather. Do not use a hairdryer for this purpose as it is likely to dehydrate the leather.
- Apply leather conditioner when the leather feels dry
Tips & tricks to keep your furniture in great condition
- This product is intended for indoor use only.
- Recommended humidity in the room: between 40% and 60%.
- Ideal room temperature: between 14°C and 21°C .
- To prevent color dierences: do not place your furniture in direct sunlight and move objects placed on the furniture from time to time.
- Avoid exposure to extreme conditions: do not place furniture near heating sources or air-conditioners.
- To prevent staining, we recommend that any spills be removed immediately.
- Use placemats and/or coasters to prevent hot pots and pans, or cold glasses and bottles, from leaving marks on the furniture.
- Do not drag the furniture along the floor, always lift the furniture when moving.
- Always ensure water and solutions used to clean the floor do not come in contact with the furniture's base, as it might leave permanent marks.
We advise the following:
- Dust regularly using a soft dry cloth.
- For a more thorough cleaning, use mild soap and warm water. Rinse with clean water and wipe dry.
- Do not use steel wool, sandpaper, mineral acid, bleach, or chlorine cleaners on metal surfaces.
- Do not drag the furniture along the floor, as it might damage the protective coating, cause rusting or leave permanent marks on the door.
- Always lift the furniture when moving it from place to place.